Enter the 2017 Black History Month Poster Design Contest
December 1st through January 19th
All entries will be judged on creativity, artistic merit, and best representation of the 2017 Black History Month theme: Inspired to Succeed.
Winning posters will be will be displayed at all 14 Library locations throughout Black History Month. Copies of the winning posters will be given to winners and their schools.
Entry Deadline: Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 12pm
Drop off entries at any New Orleans Public Library location or mail to:
Black History Month Poster Contest
New Orleans Public Library
219 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
All entrants must comply with all contest rules.
Official Contest Rules
- Contestants must be 18 years old or younger, live in Orleans Parish, and be currently enrolled in a public or private school or actively home-schooled.
- Artwork may be submitted on the back of this form, or attached by paper clip to this entry form. 3. All art must be original. Do not trace or copy cartoon characters, copyrighted art, or clip art.
- The entry must be received by staff at a New Orleans Public Library branch or at the Main Library no later than Thursday, January 19 at 12pm.
- The art must fit within the designated area on the back of this form. If attaching artwork to this form it must be within the dimensions of 8.5 inches x 11 inches. Artwork on an attached sheet must be attached to entry form by paper-clip with artist name printed on the back. Do not use tape or staples to attach artwork to entry form.
- One entry per person.
- By participating in this contest, the winners agree to let the New Orleans Public Library use their photographs, names, write-ups, and or likenesses for promotion of the library without further compensation. All information gathered is for the use of the New Orleans Public Library in administering the contest and will not be shared except to publicize the winners.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
- All submitted artwork becomes the property of the New Orleans Public Library.
Pre-K through 6th Grade & 7th through 12th Grade
Top Prizes- $100 Gift Cards
2nd Prizes- $50 Gift Cards
3rd Prizes- $25 Gift Cards
Download the entry form here.
Other Upcoming Events
Logsdon and Mizell-Nelson Library Lecture Series
Big Chief Robbe, “Chief of Chiefs”Algiers Regional Library
Wednesday, January 11 from 6pm - 7:30pm Robert Nathaniel Lee, known to generations as... (More)