Online Library Resources
We have a wealth of free, online resources to help you build your skills and prepare your job search materials.
Résumé Writing Worksheet -coming soon - Use this downloadable worksheet to gather all the information you’ll need to create a résumé.
HomeworkLouisiana - This resource is not just for students. Connect with a career coach and receive real-time career advice in an online classroom, or leave a résumé or cover letter for feedback from a coach. Also access templates, writing guidelines, and other job search resources. Note: The online classroom is available Sundays - Thursdays from 10am - midnight.
LearningExpress Library - This learning platform offers self-paced workshops and resources. Learn more about a career, prepare for an occupational exam, and learn job search and workplace skills. There are also modules that help to strengthen math and reading skills in preparation for a new job.
Pronunciator - Choose from 80 languages to learn, practice English as a Second Language (ESL), or study for the citizenship test.
Louisiana Jobs and Careers Center - This website pulls together resources for those seeking new careers, changing jobs, needing a little extra help preparing for the job market, online one-on-one tutoring, access to free workforce development classes, and small business help.
Technology Skills - Worried that your technology skills are not quite good enough? The following resources can help:
- DigitalLearn.org - Get basic instruction in computers, email, social media, and more.
- Lynda.com - Lynda is a massive online training library where patrons are able to learn through self-paced and on-demand content. Learn business, software, technology, and creative skills with online video tutorials taught by recognized industry professionals. Finish a course and receive a certificate of completion that you can download or add to your LinkedIn profile.
Small Business/Entrepreneurs - If you work for yourself or you are thinking about starting your own business, these resources are for you:
- Gale Legal Forms: Louisiana - Access legal forms for use in your small business.
- Legal Information Reference Center - This resource provides online full text from EBSCO for many of the top consumer legal reference books and contains more than 310 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms. Many of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation's oldest and most-respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses.
- Louisiana Small Business Resources - Access resources specifically for Louisiana small business owners.
- ReferenceUSA - Up-to-date access to business and consumer data.
- Small Business Reference Center - Access up-to-date information from EBSCO on relevant topics from starting a company, operations management and sales to growing or rescuing a business. The database contains nearly 400 full-text periodicals and over 450 full-text reference books.