Milton H. Latter Memorial Library
Library Manager - Missy Abbott
The Milton H. Latter Memorial Library is located on St. Charles Avenue and serves the Uptown community. The 1907 neo-Italianate mansion was generously donated to the city by the Latter family to serve as a library in memory of their son. Today the branch offers programs for all ages as well as reading rooms, computers, printers, and wi-fi. Another popular draw are the Friends of New Orleans Public Library's book sales which take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10am - 2pm in the home's former carriage house.