Meeting Room Policy
Approved January 30, 2023
The Board of Directors of the New Orleans Public Library directs the administration of the New Orleans Public Library to establish procedures governing the reservation and use of community meeting spaces.
The New Orleans Public Library location meeting rooms and computer classrooms are available to local non-profit organizations or groups of a public, civic, educational, literary, or cultural nature and to governmental agencies free of charge.
All meetings in Library locations must be open to the public and news media for the entire duration of the room booking.
1. Meeting room groups and attendees must adhere to the New Orleans Public Library Code of Conduct.
2. All meeting rooms are available for use at no charge to persons meeting the following requirement.
a. Must be 18 years of age or older with a valid New Orleans Public Library Card and Orleans Parish residency.
3. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. All meetings must be scheduled during the Library’s operating hours.
5. Minors present in meeting rooms must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
6. The Library reserves the right to revoke permission to use Library meeting space for any reason, including unforeseen natural disasters, capital projects, and maintenance problems, or for any other reason deemed valid by the Library. Rescheduling is subject to availability.
7. Individuals and groups are responsible for set up and room arrangement, as well as break down and clean up.
8. Materials may not be attached to walls, windows, doors, or furnishings.
9. Eating or drinking from open containers is prohibited.
10. Wi-Fi is provided but not guaranteed. Meeting room screens may be used when available.
11. The Library is not responsible for materials or equipment brought into the Library by individuals or groups. Such materials or equipment may not be stored in the Library.
12. All organizations or groups shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the New Orleans Public Library and the City of New Orleans, its officials, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, or actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from any negligent act, omission, or error of the organization or group resulting in or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the organization/groups’ use of the Library meeting room.
1. Meeting room requests will run on a calendar year (JAN – DEC).
2. Meetings room reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Submitting a request to use a meeting room does not guarantee the use or date/time requested.
a. Requests are subject to approval. You will receive approval or a follow-up for more information within 3 business days.
b. You may book no more than 3 meetings per month.
4. To request a room, please use the online form on the New Orleans Public Library website at reserve.nolalibrary.org.
a. A completed Meeting Room Request must be filled out online. Staff is available to assist with this if needed.
5. The number attending a meeting shall not exceed the capacity of the room as established by the fire marshal.
6. Library card account holder who reserved the room must be present to check into the room.
- A 15-minute grace period is allowed for no-shows before the reservation is canceled.
- Excessive cancelation of meeting room reservations may lead to meeting room reservation privileges being revoked.
- Groups using the meeting rooms and computer classrooms may not charge admission, charge fees for services rendered, solicit donations, or collect dues or membership fees. All sales or promotional activities, commercial or otherwise, may not occur in any of the rooms or on Library property.
- Meetings may not disrupt others’ use of the Library, and persons attending the meetings are subject to all Library regulations and policies.
- Rallies or campaigning for specific partisan political issues or candidates.
- Religious services, proselytizing, or preaching.
- Social gatherings such as birthdays, parties, weddings, family reunions, baby showers, etc.
- Fund-raising activities or events.
- No advertising or announcement implying such endorsement is permitted and all advertisements, mailing, and postings must include the disclaimer, “This event is not endorsed or affiliated with the New Orleans Public Library.”
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS OR ABUSE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED PRIVILEGES WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF THE RIGHT TO USE LIBRARY MEETING SPACES.