Grades K - 3: Reading Recommendations
Grades 4 - 6: Reading Recommendations
Events for Kids
Take & Make Craft Kits
Pick up a Take & Make Craft Kit for children to take and make at home. All Library locations have a limited number of craft kits containing an instruction sheet and items to create a craft. Additional supplies may be required and will be noted on the instruction sheet.
Share your creations with us by tagging our social accounts @nolalibrary or email email@example.com.
Crafts change every two weeks.
Sponsored by the Friends of the New Orleans Public Library.Find Your Nearest Library Location
NOLA Readers 2.0
NOLA Readers 2.0 is a new club for second graders who love to read. This year our club activities are around the book I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes.
How to participate:
- Read I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes (Check out a book, e-book, or e-audiobook)
- Download and print our activity book for mad libs, art ideas, crafts, and more fun stuff to do with your family after reading I Am Every Good Thing.
- Join our affirmation wall! Now through May 15, visit the Sands Early Learning Center at Main Library and write your own affirmation to post on the wall.
What is an affirmation?
- An affirmation is something encouraging that we can tell ourselves (and others).
- The title of the NOLA Reader book, I Am Every Good Thing, is an example of an affirmation. There are many other affirmations throughout the book, such as “I am a leader,” and “I’m a difference maker."
- Think about who you are. What makes you you? What do you notice about yourself that makes you feel great?
To learn more, read our press release.
In partnership with the Louisiana Children's Museum and the City of New Orleans Department of Youth and Families.Check Out I Am Every Good ThingDownload Activity Book