Grades K - 3: Reading Recommendations
Grades 4 - 6: Reading Recommendations
Events for Kids
Take & Make Craft Kits
Pick up a craft kit for children to take and make at home. All Library locations have a limited number of craft kits containing an instruction sheet and items to create a craft. Additional supplies may be required and will be noted on the instruction sheet.
In honor of Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month, September's craft is inspired by molas. Kits available as supplies last.
Sponsored by the Friends of the New Orleans Public Library.
Share your creations with us by tagging our social accounts @nolalibrary or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Find Your Nearest Library Location
NOLA Readers 2.0
NOLA Readers 2.0 is a club for second graders who love to read. This year our club activities are around the book I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes.
How to participate:
For 2nd grade teachers:
- Interested in offering your class a free field trip to the New Orleans Public Library and the Louisiana Children's Museum?
- Fill out the registration form and attend our informal info session on August 31st at the Louisiana Children's Museum.
- Read I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes (Check out a book, e-book, or e-audiobook)
- Download and print our activity book for mad libs, art ideas, crafts, and more fun stuff to do with your family after reading I Am Every Good Thing.
What is an affirmation?
- An affirmation is something encouraging that we can tell ourselves (and others).
- The title of the NOLA Reader book, I Am Every Good Thing, is an example of an affirmation. There are many other affirmations throughout the book, such as “I am a leader,” and “I’m a difference maker."
- Think about who you are. What makes you you? What do you notice about yourself that makes you feel great?
In partnership with the Louisiana Children's Museum and the City of New Orleans Department of Youth and Families.Check Out I Am Every Good ThingDownload Activity Book