Take Home Tablets
Take home a tablet from the New Orleans Public Library. Our Samsung A7 Lite tablets come with an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile. They can also be used as a Mobile Hotspot, serving as a Wi-Fi access point for up to 10 other devices. All tablets come preloaded with popular education and entertainment apps. Visit your neighborhood Library and check out your tablet today.
- Cardholders may only check out one tablet on their card.
- Tablets can be checked out for 6 months.
- Tablets do count towards the limit of total items out at a time.
- All card types except for Temporary and Computer Access cards can borrow tablets.
- Cardholders must be in good standing.
- Cardholders under age 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the checkout agreement before borrowing a tablet.
- Tablets cannot be renewed.
- Tablets can be returned to any of our 15 Library locations.
- Tablets must be returned during the Library’s regular hours of operation. Tablets cannot be placed in the book drop.
- When tablets are returned without a keyboard, borrowers will be charged a $25 fee.
- When tablets are 24 hours overdue, the data for the tablet will be turned off making the device unusable.
- When tablets are 90 days overdue, borrowers will be charged a $50 replacement fee and the $5 processing fee. This fee cannot be waived unless the tablet is returned.
Tablet App List
- Google classroom
- Adobe connect
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Linked In Learning
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Khan Academy
- Adobe Reader
- Libby by Overdrive
- Cloud Library
- Linked In
- TumbleBook Library
- PBS Kids Games
- NOLA Library app
How did the Library pay for the tablets?
These tablets were purchased through a grant with FCC’s Emergency Connectivity Fund.
What can I use a Take Home Tablet for?
Take Home tablets are intended for educational purposes according to the grant. These tablets are intended for Library patrons who do not otherwise have access to equipment or services sufficient to meet their educational needs.
Where can I find a tablet?
A limited supply of tablets will be available for checkout at Library locations on a first come, first served basis. Tablets will also be available at events throughout the community.
Can I place a hold on a tablet?
No, tablets are available first come, first served.
Do I have to keep the tablet for 6 months?
No, you do not have keep the tablets out. Tablets can be returned earlier if you want.
Can I access the internet on the tablet?
Yes, each tablet comes with an unlimited data plan. They can also function as a hotspot for your other devices.
Who can I contact if I have problems with the tablet?
Call the T-Mobile customer care number on the support sticker going on the back of the case. That phone number is unique to the device you borrowed.
Can I take the tablet with me out of the country?
The tablet will work in any of T-Mobile’s Simple Global International areas.
What kind of data plan do tablets have?
The tablets have an unlimited data plan.
What if I lose the charger?
The Library does not provide replacement chargers. The tablet uses a regular USB-C charging cable to charge, and the keyboard case uses a Micro-USB cable to charge.