The City of New Orleans Health Department Giving Out Additional Home COVID Tests to Residents at NOLA Libraries
3PM UPDATE: All Library locations are out of COVID test kits. We will update our website and social media if more kits become available in the future.
Due to the enormous demand for home COVID-19 test kits, the City of New Orleans Health Department (NOHD) will provide all remaining test kits in stock to the public today at select New Orleans Public Libraries (NOPL). NOPL has graciously agreed to make their space available for residents to pick up the test kits. We once again stress that, due to the high demand for testing, supplies are limited to TWO KITS PER PERSON: BinexNOw include two kits per box and the Ellume brands include only one per box. Kit will be available while supplies last.
Originally the giveaway was scheduled to be a two-day event at four of our local fire stations. As of 9:15 this morning, all stations designated as a distribution point were out of product. Because there are no more kits at the fire stations, people still looking for home kits can pick one up at the libraries below.
The free home COVID test kits will be available at these public libraries today until 4pm today or until the product runs out, whichever comes first.
- Main Library, 219 Loyola Avenue
- Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive
- Alvar Library, 913 Alvar Street
- Central City Library @ Allie Mae Williams Multi-Service Center, 2020 Jackson Avenue
- Children’s Resource Center Library, 913 Napoleon Avenue
- East New Orleans Regional Library, 5641 Read Boulevard
- Cita Dennis Hubbell Library, 725 Pelican Avenue
- Rosa F. Keller Library & Community Center, 4300 S. Broad Avenue
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, 1611 Caffin Avenue
- Milton H. Latter Memorial Library, 5120 St. Charles Avenue
- Norman Mayer Library, 3001 Gentilly Boulevard
- Mid-City Library, 4140 Canal Street
- Nora Navra Library, 1902 St. Bernard Avenue
- Robert E. Smith Library, 6301 Canal Boulevard
We want to remind the public that while home COVID tests are hard to find, our large drive-thru sites at the Mahalia Jackson Theatre and the UNO Arena, as well as many additional sites hosted by our community partners, are open. Please check the following site for the holiday schedule at https://ready.nola.gov/calendar.
Over the past five years, an unlikely venue has become one of drag queen Laveau Contraire’s favorite places to perform: the Library.